Mirrored closets can be a very great piece of furniture as they’re practical, while also enhancing the impression of space and natural light. But what if you become tired of the style of your Mirror closet doors ? In this article, you will discover the best choices of your mirror closet doors of 2021.
What Are Mirrored Closet Doors Made Of?
Mirrored closet doors are usually made of a sheet of glass that has been coated with a thin layer of metal. This helps to give the door its reflective properties. The metal coating also makes the door more durable and less likely to break.
Mirrored closet doors can be either sliding or swinging. Sliding doors have a track on the bottom that the door slides along. Swinging doors have hinges on the side that allow them to swing open and closed.
Mirrored closet doors can be either frameless or framed. Frameless doors are made of a single sheet of glass with no frame around it. Framed doors have a frame around the outside edge of the door.
Mirrored closet doors can be either plain or decorated. Plain doors are simply clear glass with no designs or patterns on them. Decorated doors may have patterns or designs etched into the glass or painted onto it.
Are Mirrored Closets Outdated ?
Mirrored closets are a throwback to the 1980s. Furthermore, Mirror closet doors in the bedroom are also frowned upon in feng shui, since they are thought to drain your energy and detract from the nurturing environment required for a good night’s sleep.
On the other hand, mirror closet doors conserve space because the doors do not open into the room and provide access to all of the closets. They can make the room look twice bigger, while bringing more light to your room.
The creative new designs of mirror closet doors are far from being old and outdated. lately, new mirrors with very sophisticated technologies will make your user experience more fun, practical, and easy.
When Should Mirrored Closet Doors Be Used?
Mirrored closet doors can be a great addition to any home. They can make a small room look bigger and brighter, and they can also be a convenient way to check your appearance before you leave the house.
However, mirrored closet doors should not be used in every situation. For example, if you have young children in the home, mirrored closet doors could pose a safety hazard. If a child runs into one of the doors, they could injure themselves. In addition, mirrored closet doors can be difficult to keep clean. fingerprints and smudges can easily show up on the glass, and they can be a pain to wipe off.
If you decide that mirrored closet doors are right for your home, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure that the doors are installed by a professional. Mirrored glass is very fragile, and it is important that the doors are hung correctly so that they do not fall off and break. Second, be sure to clean the mirrors regularly so that they stay looking their best.
Types of Mirror Closet Doors
In this section, we’ll present to you the different types of mirror closet doors that you can find in the market.
Bi-Fold Mirror Closet Door
One of the most common mirror closet doors designs is the bi-fold mirrored door. These are space-saving doors that may be decorated or painted to create a unique door for your closet. There are several options to customize the door. To get a trendy contemporary aesthetic, our designers recommend adding wood molding in geometric forms.
Double Mirror Closet Doors
Double mirror closet with sliding doors can be a great deal for narrow spaces, because they only need a small space to be placed. You can design your mirrored sliding doors as you wish from metal frame to wood or light plastic frame, depending on the style you’re adopting for your house or your room.
Full Length Mirrored closet
A full length mirrored closet is a two in one furniture. In fact it has two purposes, one it’s a closet that you can use to store your belongings and second, it’s a full length mirror that you can use to check your look before going out for a date. So instead of buying a full length or an oversized floor mirror, consider buying a full length mirrored closet instead.
Besides the practical side of having a full length mirrored closet, it can make your room looks stylish and chic, while reflecting the right amount of light into your room.
How to Fix a Cracked Mirror Closet Door
In the following section, we’ll walk you through some options to fix a cracked mirror closet door and/or to prevent it from cracking further. Repairing a cracked mirror closet door can be dangerous, as the mirror can fall down and shatter into small pieces, so don’t do it by your self.
- First option to consider if you have a local glass company nearby, and you are not sure about repairing or replacing the mirror yourself you could remove the door and take it to the glass company to repair. Considering that repairing a glass panel costs an average of 70$, with a range of 40$ to 100$, while replacing the whole mirror can cost you an average of 350$ with a range of 200$ to 500$.
- Second option is using a windshield repair kit as it is the same principal with mirror closet doors. A tiny quantity of transparent resin can be injected into the crack or star. This simply plugs the fracture with a substance that prevents it from further breaking. (Check this video for repairing a car mirror and apply the same steps for your broken mirror closet doors)
- Painting over the crack is another possibility, as long as it does not interfere with the visibility of the reflection. You may paint a border around the borders or a simple pattern that goes beyond the fissure to hide it. To cover the crack, cut and attach a tile or glass backsplash of your choosing, which works very nicely along the top or bottom of the mirror.
- Filling the fracture with two parts clear epoxy can prevent future cracking. To push it into the crack, use a credit card or anything plastic. Remove any extra nail polish with nail polish remover. It’s possible that the fracture will be hidden partially. It is only a temporary solution.
How to Lock Sliding Mirror Closet Doors
Sliding mirror closet doors are difficult to lock, and to keep locked. Furthermore, most standard locking mechanisms will be easily broken on a sliding mirror closer door.
Without a doubt, door locks are the most secure solution to protect your sliding mirror closet doors. These locks are often mounted on the top of the door. As a consequence, only tall children and adults can open these locks, making them safe from youngsters.
In the following section you will find a step by step guide to lock sliding mirror closet doors using a door lock.
- Using a slotted or Phillips screwdriver, remove the mounting screws from the closet doorknob. Pull the old doorknob away from the door by pulling it apart.
- Remove the mounting screws that hold the latch assembly to the closet door with a Phillips or slotted screwdriver. Pull the latch assembly away from the door. Screwdrivers may be required to pry stubborn components apart.
- Insert the replacement latch assembly from the entrance lock into the door’s slot. Use the mounting screws included in the hardware package to secure the assembly.
- Insert the entrance lock into the latch assembly, making that the keyed side of the doorknob faces the adjacent room. A shaft on one side of the doorknob moves through the latch assembly and into the opposite half of the doorknob.
- Use an appropriate screwdriver, to tight the doorknob with the new mounting screws that came with the entrance lock.
- With an applicable screwdriver, remove and discard the striker plate mounting screws. To complete the project, replace the striking plate and screws.
How to Cover Mirrored Closet Doors?
One way to cover mirrored closet doors is to use a fabric panel. You can either sew your own fabric panels or purchase them ready-made. To attach the fabric panel, simply staple it or use Velcro strips.
Another way to cover mirrored closet doors is to use frosted window film. This film can be purchased at most hardware stores. Simply cut the film to size and apply it to the door using double-sided tape.
Yet another option for covering mirrored closet doors is to hang a curtain in front of them. This is a good choice if you want to be able to open and close the door without having to remove the covering. Simply hang a rod above the door and drape a curtain over it.
How to Update Mirrored Closet Doors?
Updating your mirrored closet doors is a great way to give your home a fresh, new look. There are a few different ways you can update your doors, depending on your budget and the look you’re going for.
1. One of the easiest and most affordable ways to update your mirrored closet doors is to simply change the hardware. This can be as simple as replacing the handles or knobs, or you could go for a more dramatic look by changing out the hinges.
2. If you want to make a more substantial change, you can replace the mirrors themselves. You can find replacement mirrors at most home improvement stores. You’ll need to measure your existing doors to make sure you get mirrors that fit properly.
3. Another option is to add trim to your mirrored closet doors. This can give them a whole new look and can be done relatively easily and inexpensively.5. Whatever route you decide to go, updating your mirrored closet doors is a great way to give your home a fresh, new look.
How to Install Glass Mirror Closet Doors?
Installing glass mirror closet doors is not as difficult as you might think. With a few simple tools and some basic instructions, you can have your new doors up and functional in no time.
The first step is to remove your old doors. If you have sliding closet doors, simply unscrew the tracks and lift the doors off. If you have hinged doors, simply remove the hinges and take the door down.
Next, clean the area where the new doors will be installed. Remove any dirt, dust, or debris so that the new doors will have a clean surface to adhere to.
Now it’s time to install the new tracks or hinges (depending on which type of door you are installing). Follow the instructions that came with your new doors, and be sure to use any screws or anchors that are provided.
Once the tracks or hinges are in place, it’s time to install the glass mirror panels. Again, follow the instructions that came with your doors. In most cases, you will simply need to insert the panels into the tracks or hinges. Make sure that the panels are level and even before moving on.
Finally, reinstall any molding or trim around the edges of your mirrored closet doors.
You can check a guide on how to clean mirrored wardrobes from here
2 thoughts on “Are Mirror Closet Doors Outdated ? (3 Tips to Keep Them Updated)”