If you’re looking for the best guide on how to clean mirrored wardrobe doors, you are in the right place. In the following sections you will discover how you will make your mirrored wardrobe doors shiny without leaving any streaks.
If you have small children with dirty fingers, or if you’ve always opened your mirrored wardrobe door with your hands, there’s a good chance your wardrobe doors are in desperate need of a deep clean. However, many people have difficulty cleaning them without smearing or leaving stains. Our blog article will offer you the secrets and ideas for having mirrored wardrobe doors that appears brand new.
What are Mirrored Wardrobe Doors Exactly ?
A wardrobe is a piece of furniture that helps you store clothes. Wardrobes are indispensable part of our bedrooms, and can easily be placed in a corner or next to the window. Using a wardrobe with mirrored doors can be very helpful in term of not taking up an excessive amount of visible space. The glass surfaces conceal the bulk of the wardrobe while also bouncing light around the room creating a brighter atmosphere.
How Do You Keep Your Mirrored Wardrobe Doors Clean ?
Setting up a Mirrored wardrobe in your bedroom is an excellent method to open up the space and make the room appear and feel more large, since they bring more light. So, who wouldn’t want a mirrored wardrobe in their bedroom? Dirty mirrored wardrobe doors, on the other hand, might detract from a lovely bedroom.
In the following section we’ll walk you through a step by step process on how to clean mirrored wardrobe doors and make them look brand new again.
- Step 1: Choose the right product for your mirrored wardrobe doors. This is a very important step as you need to choose an adequate and efficient product that doesn’t leave marks and can remove all type of marks from your mirrored doors.
- Step 2: Choose and adequate cloth that is soft enough so it doesn’t injure your mirror. You can try Microfiber cloth to avoid any residual fiber after cleaning. Newspaper pieces can work as well, just make sure to not spray the product on the paper which will make it inefficient.
- Step 3: Start from the top to the Bottom. While cleaning, you should make sure that you go from top to bottom of your mirrored wardrobe doors.
- Step 4: Use a dry cloth or piece of a newspaper for the finishing after you remove all the marks and stickers with the dedicated cleaning product.
What Are The Best Products To Clean Mirrored Wardrobe Doors ?
To get rid of cloudy surfaces and finger marks from you wardrobe mirrored doors you can choose among the three options we’ll present in the following section:
- Vinegar and Water: This solution is very efficient for cleaning mirrors. You can fill a spray bottle with one cup of vinegar and one cup of water, shake it, and you are good to go. This solution can be stored for a long time, and always shake it before any reuse.
- Water and Detergent: Similar to vinegar and water, fill a spray bottle with water and your everyday detergent, shake them well, and your solution is ready. A small advice is that when using this solution, make sure you spray it on the cloth before your start cleaning and not on the mirror, so you avoid the accumulation on the liquid in the corners, and infiltrate behind the mirror.
- Water and Lemon Juice: that’s right !, in case you run out from vinegar, you can use lemon juice which is efficient enough to clean your mirrored wardrobe doors.
- Dedicated Products From shops: This one seems the obvious one, as you can get very powerful and efficient solutions that can make your mirrored wardrobe doors looks very clean. However, you can make cheaper solutions and efficient ones by your own.
What Are The Best Cloth To Clean Mirrored wardrobe Doors ?
For Cloth, you can either use newspapers, which can do great by the way, but you can’t reuse them. Or you can use microfiber cloths that are super absorbent, washable, and leave the glass shiny and streak-free.
Replacement Mirror For Wardrobe Door
When it comes to replacing a broken or damaged mirror of your wardrobe door, you should consider two main points. First, the size of the mirror in your wardrobe door, and second how the mirror is attached to your wardrobe door.
You can always have a custom size mirror from glass shops that are able to cut mirrors with curves, angles, and irregular-length sides.
In most cases, the mirror is glued to your wardrobe door, so you will need to remove it before placing the new one. For this you need to follow the steps that we’ll mention bellow.
- Preparing for Safety: First, you should secure the space around the mirror in case it falls or shatters. Cover the space around the wardrobe door with flattened cardboard boxes or an old sheet or drop cloth. You may also cover the mirror with some packing tape, so you prevent the mirror from flying everywhere while removing it.
- Heating the glue: You can use a hairdryer to heat the glue so it becomes easier to remove the mirror from the wardrobe door. You may start from the corners, to the edges and then in the center of the mirror.
- Use a wire: After softening the glue, you can use a wire to split the mirror from the wardrobe door, by placing the wire just in the middle and applying a zig-zag movement from the top to the bottom, to cut through the glue.
- Have someone else to help.
After removing the damaged mirror from your wardrobe door, you can go ahead and place the new one. You can follow the step by step process detailed in this section.