Kitchen Mirror Backsplash Pros
In the market, there are many choices to consider in backsplash materials suck as ceramic, acrylic, tile and etc… Mirror tile backsplash remains an excellent choice by indoor design professionals and do-it-yourself homeowners for many reasons.
- Mirror tile reflections enhance enlarge the size of a kitchen while spotlighting the kitchen fixtures and appliances.
- Mirrored backsplash will enhance the lightening of your kitchen by redirecting more of natural and artificial light, which will make you kitchen more visible and shiny.
- The mirror in backsplash will highlights stains visibility, and it is much more easier to be cleaned. All you need is water, vinegar and a good cloth.
- Mirrored backsplash resistant to spills, stains, and dirt. And you don’t have to worry about safety as it is made of toughened glass.
- Installing a mirrored backsplash for your kitchen is easy to do, and you can do it your self (with some company of course).
Kitchen Mirror Backsplash Cons
On the other hand, kitchen mirror backsplash presents some cons that you need to be aware of, which are:
- Splashes and stains on your cooking surface can be reflected and highlighted, which is something you don’t want your guests to see !
- A non properly installed mirror on your backsplash can let water and other substances leaks behind your mirror causing it to fall down.
- Not all designs suits for mirrored backsplash.
- Even if the glass used in a toughened one, still less resistant to shocks.
- Mirrored backsplash requires a regular cleaning to maintain it’s look, and to benefit from the pros listed above.
Are Mirrored Backsplash Practical ?
A mirrored backsplash is a very good piece that you can use for your kitchen backsplash. It’s not only easy to clean, but it can make your kitchen looks bigger, and shinier. For safety the glass used for mirrored backsplash is a toughened glass that can support heat, furthermore, in case of broke, this glass splits into small granules instead of sharp shards that can be very dangerous.
Antique Mirror Backsplash Kitchen
Antique mirror tile as backsplashes provide the benefits of glass while visually open up the kitchen space. you can also also take the mirror tile all the way to the ceiling, enlarging the kitchen’s visual space. The bright side of using antique mirror tile is that they can lighten up kitchens, easy to clean, and resistant to scratches and heat.
On the other hand you need to consider the facts that antique mirror tile can fog up under steamy conditions; brittle material that can crack; outside of contemporary kitchen designs it may look awkward.